Finished Product


After handing out different tasks to each of our crew we went about creating our piece. My task was to create the first slide of our brief; someone going into a shop and buying some coke hero.



I started with the walking loop. I cut the sound so that this sounded natuaral when looped. I found that this was easily acomplished through trial and error, the biggest problem i had was an unatural step at the end of the sample, it seemed like two left foot steps were taking place.

I found that the sounds of walking were also very faint, i had to increase the amplitude of the wave while trying to avoid clipping. This was a simple case of moving the "Clip Gain" slider slowly up in Live 6.0 to increase the playback level in dB.

The arrangment view in Live 6.0 makes it very easy to combine files with the timing you want.

I was then required to make a warping sound, something magical sounding to let the listener know something odd has happened when the character has teleported after hiccuping.
I apllied the effects shown below.


I then added envelopes to this warping sound, i used one to create a panning effect. I then used another to make the warp sound slowly dampen off into silence (-inf dB)

To finish up I collected overyones contribution and got it to fit together linking each section with a hiccup and warp sound. I then exported the complete live set as a .wav file. I instructed Live 6.0 to normalise the sounds in this piece for me.

No comments: